Dr. Dennis Lin has been a long time resident of Monterey Park. Growing up in the area, he attended Monterey Vista Elementary, Garvey Intermediate, and Mark Keppel High school. After graduating from the University of California Irvine, he received his Doctor of Optometry degree from the New England College of Optometry in Boston, MA. After graduation, Dr. Lin happily returned to Monterey Park to provide eyecare to his hometown community. Dr. Lin is very dedicated to his work and provides a very thorough and comprehensive eye examination. His clinical skills are exceptional as he earned all honors during his Optometric internship. Dr. Lin has great chair side manners and good rapport with his patients. Dr. Lin emphasizes in Glaucoma diagnosis and treatment, Diabetic eye disease, dry eye and allergy treatment, diaganosis and management of eye infections and inflammations, and Lasik Co-Management and he has undergone the Lasik vision correction procedure himself. Dr. Lin has been involved with the community by performing vision screenings for children, seniors, and residents of the local community with the Lions Club. Dr. Lin enjoys staying active, enjoying life, and always loves learning. He also enjoys spending quality time with his wife, two children, family, and friends.
- New England College of Optometry, Boston, Massachusetts 2003
- University of California at Irvine, Irvine, California 1999
- Therapeutic Pharmaceutical Agents (TPA Certified)
- Treatment and Management of Ocular Diseases (TMOD Certified)
- Corneal Reshapement Treatment – Orthokeratology – Myopia Control
- Laser Treatment of the Anterior Segment – Oklahoma Only
- Punctal Dilation and Irrigation
- Glaucoma Certified
- Paragon CRT For Corneal Refractive Therapy
- Veterans Affair Medical Center, Fresno, California – Clinical Honors
- Veterans Affair Medical Center, Newington, Connecticut – Clinical Honors
- Hanscom Air Force Base, Massachusetts – Clinical Honors
- Dimock Community Health Center, Roxbury, Massachusetts – Clinical Honors
- New England Eye Institute, Boston Massachusetts – Clinical Honors
Honors / Awards
- Presidential Clinical Scholarship – New England College of Optometry
- Varilux – Essilor Scholarship
- Monterey Park Lion’s Club Service Award
- MES Vision Certificate Of Excellence 2015
- BCL SCLERAL Lens Professional Seminar
- Monterey Park Lions Club
- Monterey Park Chamber of Commerce
- Gift of Sight – One Sight (onesight.org)
- Asian American Optometric Society
Blink Tears: Blink Experience Satisfaction Trial. (Abbott Medical Optics, Inc.) Fall 2010
Revitalens Multipurpose Solution: Global Revitalens Experience Acceptance Trial. (Abbott Medical Optics, Inc) Spring 2011
- Monterey Park Health Fair, Monterey Park, California – 2008, 2009, 2010 In partnership with the Monterey Park Lions Club and UCLA Health Corps. Helped provide vision screenings inside the Lion’s Club Eye Mobile to Seniors in the Community.
- Monterey Park Lions Club, Monterey Park, California – 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 Provided vision screenings to local elementary schools in the City Of Monterey Park.
- Health Fair, Monterey Park, California – 2009 In partnership with Bella Vista Pharmacy,USC school of Pharmacy, St. Thomas Aquinas Church, Southern California College of Optometry, and Western University College of Optometry. Provided vision screenings to local residents of Monterey Park.
- Gift of Sight – One Sight -Hometown Day, Montebello, CA 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011 Provided eye exams to local students in need of an eye exam and glasses in the Montebello area.
- Gift of Sight Mission, Oakland, California – 2007 Helped provide comprehensive eye examinations in 5 consecutive days with other Optometrists to over 1200 children in need.
- Gift of Sight Mission, Los Angeles, California – 2007 Helped provide comprehensive eye examinations in 5 consecutive days with other Optometrists to over 2000 children in need.
- Los Angeles Marathon, 1995-1998
- Children’s Hospital of Orange County, 1995-1998
- Donations of hundreds of sunglasses to kids in Jamaica. 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015